- Arms Acres - Fitness
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
Arms Acres in Carmel New York is looking for a Fitness Counselor to provide orientation, training and supervision of all patients and staff in the fitness aspects of substance abuse rehabilitation. This position is responsible to carry out daily operations of the fitness program and maintenance of its equipment.
- Supervises patients in all fitness activities and documents / communicates observations / progress to appropriate staff
- Ensures the safety and risk management of the department by coordinating / regulating problems to appropriate staff
- Provides patients with instruction in: wellness issues, relaxation techniques, nutritional planning, sober life choices and individual fitness program
- Participates in multidisciplinary treatment team
- Maintains fitness equipment
- Provides didactic presentations on fitness aspects of rehabilitation process
- Responsible for documentation of fitness assessments, individual consultations, patient recommendations and special patient needs / interventions
- Maintains positive interrelationships with the treatment team members, family members, referents and other business resources
- Is actively involved in Milieu Management
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's Degree in Physical Fitness or related field or 3 years related experience.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and a pension plan in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts