Outpatient Office Coordinator
- Conifer Park - OP Troy
- Troy, NY, USA
- Full Time
Conifer Park is looking for an Office Coordinator to join the team in our outpatient office in Troy, NY. In this role, the employee coordinates all outpatient support staff to insure optimal functioning of the reception area including: phone systems and voice mail, data collection, record keeping, computerized records and word processing, maintenance of medical records, maintenance of all office equipment, ordering of supplies, waiting room amenities, and oversight of patient flow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible to answer phones and screen calls with a strong customer service orientation to all callers
· Provides oversight to the intake system to include collection of data and insurance information, review of pre-admit forms and consents with patient, coordination of psychiatric appointments, nursing assessments, random urine tests, and breathalyzers
· Coordinates all aspects of staff and client scheduling including the scheduling of assessments, groups, individual sessions, and staff meetings
· Responsible to insure completion of all OASAS monthly statistics and send reports to the appropriate staff office in order to insure the proper delivery of care to the patient
· Maintains and oversees clinic filing system and insures accessibility to patient charts by clinic staff
· Provides administrative assistance to Outpatient Director on special written projects
· Responsible for typing, photocopying, and assisting in the gathering of information
· Distributes all mail and memorandums to the clinic staff
· Performs Quality Assurance functions that include the completion of QA forms and tracking QA data
· Maintains medical records including proper coding of charts, appropriate placement of forms, & tracking of all treatment team reviews
· Coordinates patient billing system with the Conifer Park business office. Duties include collection of patient fee agreements, patient co-pays or self-pay, submission of monthly statistics, collections of daily charges from clinical staff
· Types correspondence and reports
· Maintains records and patient numbers, patient admissions, patient discharges, and patient attendance
REQUIREMENTS: HSD/GED OR 2 year/Associate's Degree in Business Administration with 1-3 year's clerical experience. Must be proficient in typing and have excellent communication and knowledge of Microsoft Office/Lotus/Excel. CPR is required within 6 months of hire.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and a generous benefits package in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability