AA- Outpatient Peer Advocate
- Arms Acres - OP Carmel
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
Arms Acres is looking for a Peer Advocate to join our outpatient location in Carmel, NY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide an array of face-to face services for every phase of the patient's recovery journey from pre-engagement, recovery initiation, stabilization, and sustained recovery maintenance
- Support patients in identifying his or her own recovery/treatment plan, strengths and weaknesses, while working towards their goals.
- Promote self-advocacy by assisting patients to have their voices fully heard, their needs, goal and objectives established as the focal point of clinical services.
- Assist with outreach calls to clients who may have been missing from treatment. Coordinate appointments between patients and clinicians as a way to re-engage clients into treatment.
- Actively identify and support linkages to community resources (communities of recovery, educational, vocational, social, cultural, spiritual resources, mutual self-help groups,
- Identify barriers (internal and external) to full participation in community resources and develop strategies the patient to overcome those barriers.
- Collaboration within our continuum of care, by meeting with potential patients in rehab, and ensuring a warm hand off. The Peer Advocate will greet the patient on their first clinical appointment to ensure a smooth transition.
- Assist patients with applying or recertifying benefits.
- Co-facilitate groups with a QHP by raising awareness to clients about available support services in their region.
- Provides peer support and guidance when patients are in the disciplinary stages due to noncompliance with program policies and procedures.
- Complete a report of clients who are missing groups and provide the report to the Director and clinicians.
- Other duties as required by the Clinical Director and/or Management Staff.
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED required as well as secure Peer Advocate Training within 12 months of hire. Must obtain CPR certification within six months of hire. 2 year Associate Degree preferred.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts