CASAC Case Manager - Putnam County Correctional Facility
- Arms Acres - Marketing - Westchester
- Brewster, NY, USA
- Full Time
This exciting and new position will consist of conducting assessments, groups, reentry, planning and working directly with various stakeholders, Monday through Friday during the daytime hours in a jail setting. Provide direct therapeutic services to inmates in the Putnam County Department of Corrections (DOC) program consistent with program and clinical expectations. Experience in Correctional environment preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as required.
- Conducts continuous bio-psychosocial assessments of assigned individuals for diagnostic evaluation, and documents impressions. Provide assessment, individual and group treatment services, interventions as needed to support inmate engagement in programming, case management.
- Maintain clinical records in compliance with program expectations and related regulatory agencies.
- Working in concert with the Arms Acres Supervisor and PCCF , provides input for program development and improvements relative to group therapy and treatment services.
- Provides individual, and group counseling as scheduled or otherwise indicated.
- Documents same in the electronic case record. Services to be provide and documented within the expectations set forth by Putnam County Correctional
- Facility (PCCF) and Arms Acres (AA) policies and procedures.
- Coordinates treatment services with collateral agencies; available internal services and develops and discusses aftercare plans with the discharge planner/recovery coach.
- Participates in performance improvement and mandated activities related to position and as requested by supervisor.
- As requested, prepare reports, maintain statistical data, and attend meeting and trainings.
- Responds to emergencies in the jail facility by following appropriate procedures for ensuring safety during emergency procedures.
- Performs crisis intervention and problem resolution for inmates in need.
- Provides psycho-education services by conducting didactic presentation relating to recovery from additions and related topics.
- Maintains professional licensure and competence in discipline and treatment specialty areas through continuing education and supervision.
- Maintain compliance with AA and DOC Code of Conduct
- Represent AA and PCCF positively within all program responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
NY State CASAC. Experience substance abuse counseling/treatment with incarcerated population highly recommended.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts