Director of Plant Operations
- Arms Acres - Maintenance
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: To provide a safe and clean environment and meet all regulatory standards through the supervision of the departments of Maintenance and Housekeeping.
- Develops and implements a work plan to provide maintenance of the physical plant, equipment, vehicles, and grounds.
- Hires and supervises housekeeping and maintenance personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual capital budget requests and oversees completion of capital improvements.
- Orders and maintains supplies in conjunction with the annual operating budget.
- Assists Fitness and Dietary departments in the maintenance of their assigned areas.
- Provides reports to Infection and Safety Committee and serves as a facility safety officer
- Contracts, if approved by Financial Administrator, with external vendors providing service to the facility.
- Ensures physical plant is in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory agencies and with JCAHO. Prepares manuals and check-lists to ensure the facility is in Compliance and that the Staff is educated on facility safety initiatives.
- Prepares building to pass HUD inspections.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
Directly supervises employees in the Plant Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, payroll administration, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
HS/ Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or Trade School Certification preferred. The Director of Maintenance should have at least 3 years of supervisory experience in an institutional maintenance position plus a skilled general knowledge of buildings and equipment maintenance and repair achieved through specific training and experience.
Must be able to maintain high degree of confidentiality. Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and manage time accordingly in order to meet deadlines and requirements of the organization.
General knowledge of building and equipment maintenance and repair. Prefer five years' experience as maintenance technician working in a health care facility with experience in HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing.
JACO and OASAS experience preferred
We offer competitive wages and benefits in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability