Nurse Practitioner (Outpatient Carmel, NY)
- Arms Acres - OP Carmel
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
Arms Acres in Carmel, NY is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team. You will provide supportive medical care and other behavioral health related services to patients during their stay at our facility. In this role, you will treat approximately 20-25 patients per shift.
Flexible Days and Hours- Full-Time and Per Diem- All Shifts Available!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine patient, perform comprehensive physical examination, and compile patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination
- Order diagnostic tests, such as x‑ray, electrocardiogram, phlebotomy and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviations from normal
- Perform therapeutic procedures such as injections
- Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress notes, and assist in provision of continuity of care
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, health maintenance, and addiction treatment
- Prepare and educate patients for discharge medications and instructions
- Prepare discharge summaries, prescriptions
- Participate in Performance Improvement Initiatives
- Additional duties as assigned
- RN with MSN and Current NY State Nurse Practitioner license
- Experience in detoxification/ addiction medicine/ primary care preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- DEA License and Professional Liability Insurance
- CPR certification required
- ACLS certification preferred
We offer competitive wages and benefits in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability