AA- Unit Clerk
- Arms Acres - Nursing Admin
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
Arms Acres is looking for a new team member to join our Carmel, NY location. In this role you will complete the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as required.
Schedule: 11:45 PM-8:15 AM
- Acts as liaison between medical, clinical, other internal departments as well as outside providers. These responsibilities, include but are not limited to, phone triage, scheduling appointments, completing required paperwork and notifying appropriate staff of arrangements.
- Provides any clerical assistance as needed for the Primary Care staff.
- Maintains an adequate supply of forms for assembling charts, new admissions, etc.
- Must be sensitive and responsive to patient's requests, needs and rights.
- Escorts patients to dining room/store, etc. as assigned.
- Reconciles bed book, census, bed board, and daily charge book each shift, including bed assignments.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinates Emergency Services as needed for patient transfers to a higher level of care.
- Participates in fire and disaster drills according to appropriate facility procedures ensuring patient safety.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent interpersonal/communication skills. Prior secretarial/medical ward clerk experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fast-paced, deadline oriented, confidential department. Customer Service is key to the success of the person in this role. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate-loud.
We offer competitive wages and benefits in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability