Program Methadone Nursing Coordinator
- Conifer Park - OP Syracuse
- liverpool, NY, USA
- Full Time
Conifer Park is looking for a program methadone nursing coordinator to join our outpatient nursing team in Liverpool NY.
Provide comprehensive psychosocial assessment, diagnostic and case management services to patients in an outpatient setting. Assess patients who present for dispensing that may not present as being appropriate for dispensing, review those findings with the medical provider and enter any verbal orders given. Prepare and dispense methadone and suboxone in accordance with all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Initiates nursing process utilizing the nursing assessment tool on an ongoing basis by planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating nursing care based on clinical knowledge, patient's needs and a collection of data;
- Develops and updates treatment plans to address nursing diagnosis and reviews with the multidisciplinary team to provide input for diagnosis, length of stay, and readiness for the next level of care;
- Implements detoxification procedure and delivers appropriate patient care according to withdrawal scale and physicians orders;
- Retrieves orders and administers correct medications per physician's orders and facilitates procedure and policy. Maintains updated knowledge of withdrawal medications and modalities used in addiction treatments;
- Records and reports to appropriate care providers any information that may impact the patient's treatment and/or continuing care and completes medical discharge form;
- Initiates consult(s) (psych, nutritional) when appropriate;
- Assesses patient for readiness for transfer to next level of care'
- Triage to minor injuries and illnesses of patients in coordination with the medical staff and RN Charge Nurse;
- Maintains confidentiality at all times;
- Assumes responsibility for growth and accountability through in-service programs and staff meetings;
- Assists in orientation for new employees and/or serves as preceptor;
- Reports for duty as scheduled and is capable of taking charge after completing charge orientation;
- All information maintained accurately and in compliance in electronic chart;
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A current valid NYS RN License as well as CPR within 6 months of hire.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and experience of alcoholism and chemical addiction and/or mental health experience preferred.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Background checks, pre-employment and drug screenings required