- Arms Acres - Dietary
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
Arms Acres is looking for a cook to join the dietary team in Carmel, NY. In this role, you will lead assigned shift while preparing and serving all meals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all mandates and procedures as outlined in the operations manual concerning food preparation, services storage and sanitation as set forth by the New York State Department of Health and Arms Acres
- Ability to delegate tasks to Dietary Aides and work as shift leader
- Assures proper inventory levels of all items necessary to produce the menu
- Orders, receives, checks in, signs invoices on all goods received as needed
- Directs and participates in the proper storage of all goods frequently lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds with assistance
- Employees are expected to use teamwork to accomplish tasks that require extra exertion above the ability of one individual
- Properly logs daily Production sheets, Temperature Charts, Kitchen Lock-up Log and posts necessary information and unusual incidents in daily kitchen journal
- Checks daily Cleaning Task Sheet, inspects and reviews duties as to their satisfactory completion
- Prepares breakfast, lunch, dinner and all other meals in compliance with the Menu.
- Sets up, breaks down and cleans for special functions as needed
- Prepares and assembles meal trays for all therapeutic diets
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies as assigned
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or up to 1 year related experience and/or training. Ability to read, follow and deliver directions effectively.
We offer competitive wages and benefits in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability