Nurse Practitioner (NP) $7,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS
- Conifer Park - Nursing Admin
- Glenville, NY, USA
- Full Time
Conifer Park in Glenville, NY is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner for our inpatient facility.
Conifer Park is a private, inpatient chemical dependency treatment facility situated on 32 wooded acres in Glenville, NY. Easily accessible from all major cities in the Northeast, the facility offers comprehensive services for the treatment of alcoholism and substance abuse in a beautiful, tranquil setting conducive to recovery.
The Nurse Practitioner assists the Medical Director by providing supportive medical care and other behavioral health related services to patients during their stay at our facility.
$7,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS : $3,500 after completion of the 90 day orientation period and $3,500 after 2 years of continuous employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including, but not limited to the following:
- Performs comprehensive history and physical examinations, and compiles patient medical data, including behavioral health history and results of physical examination.
- Evaluates and manages detox regimes for patients in our care including writing orders and follow-up treatment as indicated.
- Evaluates and treats patients in our care as needed for medical issues including patient education.
- Makes referrals to outside care/ facilities or orders diagnostic/laboratory tests as needed and collects, interprets and documents test results for patients readmitted back into our care.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, routine exams, suture removal, and wound care, and managing infection.
- Participates in treatment teams and develops and implements patient treatment and aftercare plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, health maintenance, and addiction treatment. Preparation and education of patients and family members for discharge medications and instructions. Preparation of discharge summaries, prescriptions and follow up tests and appointments.
- Individual case assignments, case conferences, treatment team meetings, crisis intervention, educational presentations for staff and patients, and additional duties assigned by the medical director.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Masters degree in Nursing from an accredited institution; a current valid NYS Nurse Practitioner license; minimum one year experience as a nurse practitioner; CPR certification; and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: NPP preferred. Knowledge and experience of alcoholism and chemical addiction and/or mental health experience; ACLS certification; demonstrated ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality; ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and manage time accordingly in order to meet deadlines and requirements of the organization; and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and a 401k plan in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts